Friday, August 22, 2008

I can't believe another school year has started. Raelynn will be in the 4th grade and Kyler will be in the 1st grade. They were so excited for their first day of school.
Raelynn & Mrs.Blood

Kyler & Mrs.Zeaman

Here is Kyler with his teacher at his desk. I thought this is going to be very hard to say goodbye so I leaned over and gave him a hug and he even gave me a kiss. Then his teacher gave me a pack of tissue and this little note.

The First Day

I gave you a little wink and a smile

As you entered my room today

For I know how hard it is to leave

And I know your child must stay

You've been with him for six years now

And have been a loving guide

But now, alas, the time has come to leave

him by my side

Just know as you drive away

And tears down your cheek may flow

I'll love him as I would my own

And help him learn and grow

So please put your mind at ease

And cry those tears no more

For I will love him and take him in

When you leave him at my door

( and yes I did need those Kleenex)

No comments: